The 3PL Summit & Chief Supply Chain Officer Forum is Europe’s only C-level logistics event, researched with and designed by C-Level 3PL executives, amalgamating an impressive 500+ senior attendees and 25+ sponsors & exhibitors from over 14 different countries this year.
Taking place in Venlo, the Netherlands, from the 10th - 13th October, Parcelly CEO Sebastian Steinhauser was invited to join a high-profile panel discussion on: Your “Omnichannel Strategy” isn’t just Front-End Customer Facing. It’s Everything Behind the Scenes!, following presentations from Neil Ashworth, CEO Collect+ and John Munelly, Head of Operations John Lewis as part of the Supply Chain Track sessions on Day 2 of the conference.
Hugh Williams, who has been a specialist consultant in the Supply Chain sector for more than 30 years, chaired the panel session and led the debate between a diverse group of industry professionals:
- Hans Hulsinga, Head of Logistics Suit Supply, Suit Supply
- Dorus van der Linden, Global Supply Chain Manager, Steinhoff International
- Onur Uranli, Global Director Strategic Marketing 3PL Segment Product Care, Sealed Air
- Michiel Alting von Geusau, President Commerce & Fulfillment Solutions EMEA & APAC, Ingram Micro
- Sebastian Steinhauser, Managing Director, Parcelly
The panel, together with a very involved audience, discussed numerous topics from validating today's depth of technology to the importance of a true omni-channel supply chain far beyond third-party logistics:
- How to form a centralized view of all inventory, giving consumers accurate inventory levels across all sales channels to predict demand and to be able to preemptively place inventory when and where it will be needed; thus building a 'roadmap for the ultimate in visibility'.
- Benefits of increasing supply chain agility through enhanced 'digital connectivity' across the entire supply chain.
- How analytics and data algorithms can be leveraged to predict trends and patterns which allow the supply chain to be prepared and proactive.
- Why the distribution network needs to be reviewed in an agile and continuous way, in order to optimize distribution networks through an innovative omni-channel business strategy, which helps to drive digital customer experience and ultimately the e-commerce value proposition.
- Last but not least, a number of examples on “how organisations apply models to plan, procure and position themselves more effectively to meet increasing customer demands” were discussed.
The panel session closed after a fruitful discussion, accompanied by numerous practical examples, and it was agreed unanimously that an “Omni-Channel Strategy 2.0” affects all stakeholders along the supply chain without exception. A full video transcript of the panel discussion plus highlights reel will be made available by the conference organiser shortly - please stay tuned.
The 3PL Summit & CSCO Forum provided a great platform for networking with peers on-site and we engaged in many good discussion and challenging conversations about the future of logistics and supply chain innovation. We look forward to the next event in 2017!
'Control is a beautiful thing.
With Parcelly you can collect your parcels when and where it is most convenient for you!'
Download our app HERE and follow us on our journey by clicking one of the links below: